Desert Island Sixes are a mixed half case of the wines that you would want if stranded on a desert island. They may not be the greatest you've ever tasted but ones that you won't tire of (you may be on that island for a while!). Vintages are not given - these are wines that are enjoyed even in bad years. It can be tricky to narrow it down to six (a few bottles may have to be thrown overboard!). Come up with your own - it's a fun way to take a snapshot of your taste in wine!
Here are ours:
Steve's Desert Island Six*:
- Château de Coulaine Bonnaventure Chinon Rouge
- Bethel Heights Pinot Noir Estate Eola-Amity Hills
- Marcel Lapierre Morgon
- Causse Marines Les Greilles Gaillac
- Wieninger Nussberg Alte Reben Wiener Gemischte Satz
- Vivera Salisire Etna Bianco
Deborah's Desert Island Six*:
- Terredora Fiano di Avellino
- Domaine du Closel La Jalousie Savennieres
- Fred Loimer Grüner Veltliner
- Crios de Susana Balbo Torrontes
- Josmeyer Pinot Gris
You can also make up fake lists:
Bordeaux Bob's Desert Island Six*:
- Château Latour Pauillac
- Château Petrus Pomerol
- Château La Mission Haut-Brion, Pessac-Leognan
- Guigal 'La Mouline', Cote Rotie
- Guigal 'La Turque', Cote Rotie
Come up with your own - it's a fun way to take a snapshot of your taste in wine!
Post your list below!